Re: Bathtub clogs easily
Posted by Terry Love on November 19, 2001 at 14:47:15:
In response to Re: Bathtub clogs easily

: Hello. I have a question about my bathtub. I moved into a slab house built in 1955. The bathtub has been slow/clogging for a few months. I pour Drano down it (which I realize will harm it after a bit), and it usually works for the slowness of the draining. But typically within a few days to a week, it becomes extremely slow or clogged again. A plumber told me he could snake it, but that I may have lead pipes that could very easily bust if he snakes it - which would cause a lot of damage and expense I guess. My question is what to do. Is it a clog problem since Drano appears to usually work? I have had to actually plunge it twice when Drano did not work. I would think it is clogging, or Drano wouldn't work at all. But I don't know what else to do. I bought a hand crank auger and tried going in through the overflow, to no avail. I could not pull out any gunk or clear the drain. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

Teena,
I would be thinking you may have hair in the line, Did you go through the top of the overflow? I find most hair stoppages within 10 feet.

Replies to this post