Need help identifying faucet...
Posted by JoeM on November 17, 2001 at 14:28:14:
... I have been having a heck of a time finding a replacement faucet stem assembly as follows:

If it weren't for the fact that I can no longer match the tiles, I'd simply break the wall and install a new fixture. However, since I really don't have the $$$ or the time for a new bathroom now, I would like to fix the faucets by replacing all three stems, hot, cold, and shower.

The stem pictured has stripped threads on the inside, so the faucet turns and turns as the washer won't contact the seat. Speaking of seats, I've grinded the seats down (they were leaking), so now I've had to double-up on the washers in order to make contact with the seats. It doesn't seem as if the seats on this fixture are replaceable (I've tried every seat remover I have), so if you have any suggestions on this as well, it would be greatly appreciated. Admittedly, I'm a novice when it comes to plumbing.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated! I answer automotive questions at www.batauto.com, so if ever I can reciprocate with your automotive questions, feel free to post drop me an e-mail!

Joe

Replies to this post