Re: venting a ventless gas fireplace
Posted by MikeStheplumber on November 16, 2001 at 17:40:46:
In response to Re: venting a ventless gas fireplace
: We have a ventless gas fireplace that we cannot use due to the smell, carbon dioxide, and excess moisture.

: Is it possible to convert the thing to a vented? I've read that a pipe out is required, but haven't seen kits.
You should probably consult the manufacturer about a vent kit.I know that a lot of new high efficiency gas fireplaces are supposed to be ventless,but I personally would never have an unvented gas appliance in my house.I might just be old fashioned but if gas is burnning there is going to be some kind of byproduct of that combustion and that ussually is carbon monoxide witch can kill you .If you feel light headed get out of the house.good luck Mike



Replies to this post