Re: removing a gas dryer
Posted by More on October 25, 2001 at 00:12:12:
In response to Re: removing a gas dryer
The gas / electric dryer is a movable appliance, and therefore needs a flexible (moveable) gas line connection likely with a gas valve at the appliance location. Wiggle the dryer away from the wall so that you can see behind it clearly. You should see a solid 1/2 inch diameter black iron gas pipe coming from the floor or wall, then a gas valve that has flat spots where it can be wrench tightened onto the iron pipe, also a moveable handle on it, then more flat spots, and then a small threaded pipe nipple, and then a nut connected to a flexible hose that connects to the dryer. Turn the gas off there, not at the meter. Then unplug the dryer and then get help taking it out.

e-mail me if you need more help.

: I have to remove a gas/electric dryer that is not working anymore. The problem is the gas pipe is attached and Lipa does not help in any way anymore. I am moving and must remove this before moving, I am alone and no money to hire someone to figure this out.
: I think i do have help carrying it out of the basement but Lipa said something about shutting off the gas (which I see two valves by the gas meter... and capping it off (could the cap possibly be bought at Home Depot??? HELPPPPPPP

Replies to this post
There are none.