Re: CPVC vs PEX
Posted by David W. Herring on October 24, 2001 at 10:27:43:
In response to Re: CPVC vs PEX
:You can't go wrong with either material. If you go with PEX I would go with Mercury Plastics. They use electron beam to cross-link molecules and the product is stonger.
I'm plumbing a small country house and am looking at CPVC and PEX. What are the pros and cons?
: Here are some I found:

: CPVC: cheaper, easy to install, been around a while
: PEX: cost more, must purchase $100 tool, easier to install with less fittings, no hammering, better freezing
: protection.

: What else can you add? Like I mentioned I'm building the house so all the walls are open now. Copper is
: not an option because of the installation and cost. I like the PEX option for the freeze protection.
: We'll only be up on weekends and even though we'll drain the pipes before we leave it's still nice to have the protection
: just in case.

: I read the archives and noticed you said you have been using PEX and copper together lately.
: I guess I would have to use some sort of rigid pipe (copper or CPVC) in the tub/shower area for the shower
: heads.

: Also what would you recommend for a supply line running underground about 100'. Also for outside faucets
: where you need somethig rigid (IE for a garden hose).

: Thanks,
: Rob

Replies to this post
There are none.