Re: water pressure reducer
Posted by hj on October 22, 2001 at 23:13:50:
In response to Re: water pressure reducer
The pressure regulator will maintain dead head, (static), pressure the same as it will dynamic pressure. If it did not then there would be no need for it, since the faucets are off a lot more than they are on, and if the pressure were at an unsafe level all the time except when you are using the faucets, that is when failure would take place.

: I had a pressure reducer installed on my water line. Our static water pressure from the town is 120 psi, but sometimes drops to 100 psi. I set the pressure reducer to 50 psi and when faucets are open (running water) the guage reads 50 psi. BUT, if all faucets all closed, the guage reads from 100 to 150 psi. I see other postings and responses that say my valve is defective. But we all have the same problem with the pressure after the reducer climbs to the static pressure of the town supply. I'm not sure how the reducer would prevent this. When the water is running it is regulated but in a static state what would stop the pressure from climbing? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies to this post
There are none.