Re: washer drain hose connection to drywell....help!
Posted by More on October 14, 2001 at 22:47:38:
In response to Re: washer drain hose connection to drywell....help!
In thew event you just cut off the cap and insert your drain hose from the washuing machine, you will be venting the entire waste gas stream back into the house from the drywell. In the event the drywell has high water on occasion in Florida, the valve would prevent the flooding of the house. Your best bet would to be to call a LICENSED plumber in your area to find out where to dump your wash water. In the event your washer is a new GE model it is still under warrantee and you can return the leaking drain hose to the place you purchased the washer for a free replacement.

: i recently boughta 45yr old house in florida that has a laudry drywell. the pvc pipe has a cap and some sort of valve on it. can i just cut off the cap and insert my drain hose in?? I dont know if the cap/valve is necessary or is it?....my washer is a new GE model with a plastic drain hose and the current rubber connection with it leaks....should i buy a whole new drian hose or just cut thecap off the pvc and put my plastic one in?? any help would be great!!!

Replies to this post
There are none.