Re: Sewer pipe repair
Posted by hj on September 29, 2001 at 08:36:56:
In response to Re: Sewer pipe repair
Call a plumber, but if you want to save some money, dig a hole around the pipe so he will be able to cut out the bad section and install a new piece. The "hole" may have been made by a previous service person who needed a cleanout for the pipe and did it the easiest way. They may have then laid some cardboard over the hold to "seal" it.

: I noticed a small "sinkhole" by my driveway today. After clearing the surrounding dirt, I found that about 2 feet underground was my sewer drain pipe which is made of clay/tile. It looks as if a small piece (4" by 4") has broken off near the top. I can still see the outflow moving toward the street. The broken area is a few inches away from a connection. Should I call a plumber or head to Home Depot???

Replies to this post
There are none.