Re: Too hot showers! (where's the cold?)
Posted by Tim on September 24, 2001 at 22:07:35:
In response to Re: Too hot showers! (where's the cold?)
This sounds like a problem I just solved with my shower. I could never get cold water from my shower either. I had to replace the stem. Depending on your brand of faucet will determine what you need to do. Mine had a screw to remove the handle and knob and then I had to remove a retaining nut. Before you try to remove it turn off the water to the house. For most brands this is somewhat easy to do. If you can not determine your brand but can get the stem removed, a plumbing supply shop should be able to determine your brand based on the stem. Mine was 20 years old and I was able to find replacement parts easly. Hope this helps.

: I live in an old shared house. I've noticed that we can't get 'cold' water during a shower. When you first turn it on, it's cold, then goes hot, and when you turn the dial (one handle, those octaganal clear plastic handles with one screw in middle)it's scorching all the way to the left ('hot) and very very hot all the way to the right (cold). While some of the roomies don't notice (liking very hot showers) I can sometimes barely stand to remain under it. Is this something I can fix myself unscrewing and fiddling with the knob or do I need to call a plumber?? (no one has plumbing knowledge).. help, my showers are becoming anxious experiences.... THANKS!

Replies to this post
There are none.