Re: Backsplash solution for island-type sinks
Posted by Chuck on September 16, 2001 at 19:53:01:
In response to Re: Backsplash solution for island-type sinks
We have a similar situation. My first thought was to put a knee wall in and raise the back by 6" so that the counter could accomodate higher stools. A standard counter is about 34", 42" would accomodate the taller bar stools. We don't have a splashing problem. Just as kitchen sinks don't have overflows, you have to be careful. We love our sink facing out to the living area. Just an opinion.

: A relative who recently purchased a house has noticed that although her kitchen sink is deep, she has problems with water splashing. Since it is countertop facing a living area, it is wide enough to accomodate an eating area with stools. And consequently it has no backsplash. In my opinion it should have been designed with the sink area either recessed or the eating area having a higher area than the counter; in effect, creating a low "wall" and therefore tall enough for a backsplash. With the exception of rebuilding it, I have yet to find an adequate solution. I have thought of a maybe a "planter" for herbs behind the faucet yielding the "water-splash-irrigates-plant" solution. Do you have any other suggestions?

: Thanks.

: Thanks.

Replies to this post
There are none.