Re: iron pipe
Posted by Steve on September 07, 2001 at 17:48:23:
In response to Re: iron pipe
: any tips on removing an old 1/2" nipple rusted in an "L". Tried and extractor butit just rotates inside the rusted pipe. Only have the threads sticking outof the wall to grab onto. (replacing a tub spout with a diverter spout)

They sell something called an inside pipe wrench which comes in 1\2" 3\4" etc. and you use it with a crescent wrench. But not to sound stupid but if what you are seeing are copper threads, don't be twisting on it, because it's a male adapter sweated to a copper nipple and you will just twist the nipple.

Replies to this post
There are none.