Re: leaking fill valve washer
Posted by hj on August 25, 2001 at 08:35:44:
In response to Re: leaking fill valve washer
Are you using the washer on the inside of the tank or on the bottom between the nut and the tank? It goes on the inside.

: I am trying to install a new water inlet valve, or ballcock if you will, into a Kohler toilet (Kohler calls it a float
: valve). It looks like a Fluidmaster fill valve, only it is a little longer since the tank is higher than normal. No
: matter how loose or tight I tighten the plastic nut on the bottom of the valve body that holds the
: valve to the tank I get a leak. There does not appear to be a crack in the tank or in the valve body. I even
: tried using two different kind of washers, a cone shape one and a flange kind that came with the
: replacement fill valve, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Replies to this post
There are none.