My old slumlord is trying to keep my deposit by saying I made my toliet overflow. At first they said because the handle on my toliet was pulled down all night that the continous flow of water caused the toliet to overflow. When I went to my lawyer he said that the handle down all night doesn't cause the bowl to overflow, you probably would have had a high water bill. Now they are trying to say that I stuck something down the toliet to make it overflow, but that is a lie. At my new apartment , I had a problem with my toliet similiar water was continously running all night but it never overflowed. Does the handled being down all night make the toliet oveflow?
Posted by Tammy on August 23, 2001 at 16:00:36:
My old slumlord is trying to keep my security deposit, because they said I caused by toliet to over flow
because of the handle being down all night. When I went to my lawyer they told me that the handle being
down all night does not make the toliet overflow, I may have a high water bill but that is it. Now they are
trying to say that I put something in the toliet to make it overflow. But my new apartment had the same
problem about water continously running all night, but it never overflowed. What I want to know is does
the handle being down all night cause the toliet to overflow. Please help me.