Replacing water service line
Posted by John on August 11, 2001 at 14:16:14:
I live in an 18 year old house where the water service line between the meter and the house is 3/4 inch black polyethylene pipe. The pipe recently developed a split and leak. What recomendations are there for replacing this line (type of pipe and installation procedure)? Assumming money is not the most important factor -- the present line is curved and is very near several trees and shrubs with lots of roots and much of the area is not accesible with a backhoe. Is it possible to trace the old plastic line since I do not have a clue where it connects to the house water system (the house is on a concrete slab)? What type of pipes can be installed by pulling new pipe? Copper and pex and pe but not PVC? Is pex superior to pe? Should the whole line be replaced or repaired since cracking has already resulted in a water leak? By pulling the pipe could a larger diameter pipe for example 1 or 1 1/4 inch pipe be installed? Thanks, sorry for the numerous questions!

Replies to this post
There are none.