Re: Does tracking GPM & pressure at faucet tell anything about water supply?
Posted by hj on August 11, 2001 at 09:03:07:
In response to Re: Does tracking GPM & pressure at faucet tell anything about water supply?
As long as the pump does not run out of water, which would mean it was pumping air into the system, there is no way for you to gauge the perfomance of the well without sensors in the well itself. Your perception of the washer fill time may be influenced by outside forces, since the pump will perform to the same level at all times, and the fill time is a function of the water in the storage tank, until the pump starts. Unless the pressure in the tank is lower than the cut-in point then the pump is operating to capacity and replenishing the draw down, and is thus operating at the same level as during non-drought times.

: Does recording GPM and pressure (with static pressure guage)each month reveal anything about my water supply?

: During drought seems like washer takes longer to fill, etc. Water source is well. Have 4 GPM and pressure of about 32# at outside faucet.

: I thought that tracking those measurements over time might show a trends about my water table.

: A friend says pressure has nothing to do with it - just a measure of pump/pressure tank. Says even in draught, etc., pressure has nothing to do with water table. (at 3 gallons per minute, my pressure should remain at 32 lbs) Says it might be appropriate measurement for city water supply.

: What do you think? - Alan

Replies to this post
There are none.