Re: Price Pfister 2 valve tub installation w/Marquis handles
Posted by hj on August 08, 2001 at 09:05:54:
In response to Re: Price Pfister 2 valve tub installation w/Marquis handles
You will have to check the depth but I believe your valve is not too deep to convert it. Buy a new ceramic seal PP faucet with the handles and finish you want. Remove the long stems and the seats inside the existing one and install all the parts from the new faucet. There will not be any seats and you do not need any, (if you do not remove and discard the seats you will damage the new stems).

: We have the lovely vintage 1977 PF tub installation w/S10-375 hot and cold valves and Marquis knobs. My wife wants to replace the knobs with something in a brushed nickel finish. I have been forbidden to replace the knobs with anything in acrylic or chrome!! In order to do that, I will have to replace the valves also, at least to one with a shorter stem. 1) Does PF make a ceramic disk valve that would replace the S10-375 (w/washer and seat) in a newer faucet. 2) If so, will ANY new PF handle combination fit if the stem length is OK. My current installation has the S10-375 installed so that the stem seal nut is slightly above the level of the tile surface (but hidden by the escutcheon under the Marquis handle). 3) If PF does not make a replacement valve, does anyone else?

Replies to this post
There are none.