Re: well pressure/flow problem
Posted by Ron Stanley on August 07, 2001 at 12:25:57:
In response to Re: well pressure/flow problem
: My well is 165' deep with a 150' head. Flow was 25gpm when well was drilled 20 years ago. Pressure switch operates 30-50 psi on/off. Problem started recently. When I run garden hose same time as washer or kitchen sink, pressure drops to nothing after five minutes. Go to basement and find that pump is off, so I activate the pressure switch manually. Pump will stop after a few minutes (I can hear pump vibrating when on), even though 50 psi has not been reached. Contacts on pressure switch are still on. I dis-engage contacts on pressure switch and after a few minutes, re-engage them. I repeat this process two or three times until pressure reaches 50 psi.

: Have replaced expansion tank, pressure switch and pressure gauge. System holds pressure so I think check valve is okay. Checked level in well and it is 15' from top, which says head hasn't changed. I'm baffled. Any ideas?
: Ray I'm having the exact same problem. I've replaced the tank, pressure switch and pressure gauge. I have a submersible well pump. Have you corrected your problem yet?

Replies to this post