sewer gas smell in kitchen
Posted by philip on August 03, 2001 at 16:12:50:
I live in a house that is about 50 years old. I sometimes smell what seems to be sewer gas that seems to be coming from the kitchen cabinet near the sink. This is near the vent stack. I was told that the cast iron vent stack has probibly corroded in the wall and the wall needs to be opened and the section of pipe replaced. Does this sound correct and if it is, is theresome other solution to this problem?

Replies to this post
There are none.