Re: My kitchen water truns off as soon as it's turned on...
Posted by Mad Plumber on August 01, 2001 at 02:08:01:
In response to Re: My kitchen water truns off as soon as it's turned on...

Me thinks your faucet is being pretty cranky. Some people would want to give a faucet like that a swift kick! Don't do that unless you want to flood the downstairs neigbors out. Dang! What's wrong with that thar faucet? If'n it were my faucet, I think I would take that thingy off'n the end of the spout. The laymans name for spout would be "the long thing that water comes out of" On the very end of "the long thing that water comes out" is a thingy called an air-ate-er. Take that thing off, and see if water comes out. If it does, then go to the fridge and get a beer. If that doesn't work, then don't get a beer yet, you will need to have a clear head for the next step. Start taking off the handles and pull the stems out to see if the washers are all gumming up. Hey! Turn off the darn water first! Did you already drink that beer? Now turn off'n the water, pull the stems and check them out. What times does the game start? Can I get a beer yet? These are things your're thinking. But wait, wait till you're all done. If'n your're all done, then go drink a beer and watch the game. Mad Plumber

: Help! My kitchen faucet has a mind of it's own! (Bathrooms are fine.) Almost as soon as you turn it on, the water slows down to a trickle, then STOPS! Not even a drop. Have to wait hours to turn on again. What could be causing this? I live in a condo (three other floors beneath me) Do we share same water pipes,or would this problem be contained to my unit only? Talked to next door neighbor, they don't have any probelms...!!! Please help me...should I call a plumber? Thanx.

Replies to this post