Re: Anti-Siphon Faucets
Posted by hj on June 30, 2001 at 13:03:30:
In response to Re: Anti-Siphon Faucets
The anitsiphon should be after the shutoff point. If it is not, get a faucet that does have it after the shutoff. According to codes, unless it is a "pressure type" antisiphon device, which is a fairly large item and would not fit in a hose faucet, the antisiphon is only supposed to be used on an open system in which it drains down when the faucet or valve is closed. A BFP valve is a Back Flow Preventer. They can be either atmospheric (which is what you are describing), pressure, or reduced pressure principal type. The latter two are the only ones that can have a shut off after the BFP device.

: The anti-siphoning cap it behind the on/off handle. It is not sealing when the faucet is turned on and allows air back into the line and the pressure is cut to almost nothing. I don't understand why it keeps happening. Neither do the two plumbers that have looked at it. It happened to the old faucet, now to the new and then to the replacement part for the new. These are not the same kinds of faucets either. Has everyone stumped and I keep paying the plumbing bills for nothing. Any other ideas? What is the BPF Valve? I am a real novice at understanding any of this? Thanks.

Replies to this post
There are none.