Re: leaky bathtub/shower single lever faucet
Posted by Scott on June 25, 2001 at 08:41:57:
In response to Re: leaky bathtub/shower single lever faucet

: There is a constant drip from my single lever bathtub/shower faucet. The showerhead DOES NOT leak, only the bathtub spigot. The house is 12 years old. The showerhead is price-pfister model 2.5 GPM MAX A 112.18.1. There is no brand name identified on the single lever faucet itself. I got the outer plastic knob off and I didn't have the proper tools to go further. The plastic cartridge? has B 9287* written on it and two long US patent numbers that I didn't write down. I assume that replacing the cartridge and cleaning out all the hard deposits and slimy crud will stop this leaking. Any suggestions on what tools I need and where I can find a parts explosion picture of what I will be taking apart would be greatly appreciated. Betsy

Betsy,
I would think if the shower head is a Price Pfister the faucet would also be a Price Pfister. If you replace the cartridge this will usually stop the drip. You really should not need any special tools to remove the cartridge. You may have to take off the cover plate to get the cartridge nut off. I will post the picture of the parts breakdown of the faucet that would be from about 12 years ago I hope it helps.

Scott

Replies to this post
There are none.