Re: dishwasher--no water coming through
Posted by More on June 20, 2001 at 01:03:18:
In response to Re: dishwasher--no water coming through
You'll have to first ensure that the valve is open where the supply gets its water from the sink supply, and water is getting to the dishwasher. There is a garden hose type swivel adapter after the valve, right? Close the valve tightly- even if it scrapes the wood - and then unscrew that hose coupling and see if the hose is full of water. Look there for a strainer inside the hose that is clogged. Clean it. If that is good, reconnect and ensure it's tight.Open the valve. Now check the dishwasher to see if it's getting water. Then at the point where the hose enters the dishwasher is a spring loaded hose ring coupling, right? If not, and there's another garden hose adapter, remove that (after turning off the water again)and see if there's a strainer there. If water is supplied to the dishwasher okay, then it is probably the electric solenoid valve inside the base of the dishwasher. Want to try to fix that yourself? e-mail me at edcd@gte.net

: I have a dishwasher that works mechnically, but water is not getting through. I took off a couple of pieces in the back to see if there was an easy filter to clean, but didn't find any easy solution. It is an older Magic Chef model DU65BA-01, but it has hardly been used. I also tried turning one of the valves that looks like it goes to the dishwasher to make sure it was in the on position...no dice. Plus, they put it so low in the cabinet, it's hard to turn without scrapping the wood.

: Any suggestions to fix this?

Replies to this post
There are none.