Re: dry well installation
Posted by More on June 16, 2001 at 22:10:54:
In response to Re: dry well installation
How much laundry are you going to do, and what type of soil are you going to put the trench or dry well in? One load of laundry fills the 20 gallon tub once for soap and sometimes two other times for rinse - thats sixty gallons per load within thirty minutes. Clay soil percolates poorly when it is dry, and almost won't percolate when its wet. Sandy soil will have different percolation rates wet or dry. Assume you dig an absorption trench ten feet long four feet deep and three feet wide with the pipe buried one foot below grade. In pure sand you need to shore up the sidewalls to keep it from caving in. Your effective absorption area is 80 square feet and probably 25 gallons of absorption per square foot per hour or 2000 gallons per hour - good enough for sixteen loads per hour. Check with your department of Building and Safety and the Health Department to see if you need a construction permit.

: I want to install a dry well for my washing machine. I dont know if a trench or a conventional dry well would be better. Also any detailed instructions would be helpfull for either project

: Thanks

: Dave M

Replies to this post
There are none.