Re: 8x10 Tiles on tub/shower ceiling???
Posted by John Bridge on June 11, 2001 at 18:58:51:
In response to Re: 8x10 Tiles on tub/shower ceiling???
: Thanks John for your reply. I appreciate the advise! I have one more question regarding this tile project. Do you think that I have selected the proper size tile for the bathroom? The room is 5x7, with a typical tub/shower combo. We've selected 8x10's for the tub/shower surround area and also for half way up the rest of the walls in the room. Also, 12x12 tile for the floor.I was told that the larger tiles would make the room seem larger. We will be removing the older 4x4 tiles that are currently installed. I like the idea of fewer grout lines with the larger tiles, but I don't want to overwhelm the room either. Thank you again!

Hi again, Patty,

Decorating is not one of my finer points. You ought to see some of the horrors I've created around my own house!

But really, in a room that small, how can you screw up? The 12 x 12 floor tiles are commonplace nowadays, and the 8 x10 wall tiles will take you away from the tedium of the four inchers.

We actually have a decorator board, staffed by two very well qualified decorators. Ask them a question. They are underworked.

John

Replies to this post
There are none.