Re: old copper underground sprinkler system
Posted by hj on June 10, 2001 at 09:39:59:
In response to Re: old copper underground sprinkler system
You may be describing a water pressure operated valve. The small valve is operated by electricity and then its opening operates the main valve.

: I have an old 30 years old copper sprinkler system. It has 4 zones and 2 of the zones stopped working.
: I dugup the location of the 2 valves for these zones and found a large metal valve with a small metal valve sitting
: on top of it. The top valve is connected to the timer and has to water connections to the bottom valve. When I
: disconect the top valve from the bottom one the zone starts working. I tried connecting a plastic valve to
: the bottom metal valve but it doesn't work. I had a few sprinkler guys looked at it and they said I needed to cut
: the whole thing out and replace it with a modern valve setup. Has anyone seen this type of setup? Would I be
: able to just replace the top valve that is connected to the timer? Where would I buy one? Thanks!!

Replies to this post
There are none.