Re: leaky bathtub faucet
Posted by Scott on June 06, 2001 at 09:41:27:
In response to Re: leaky bathtub faucet

: I have an old American Standard bathtub faucet that has been leaking. I removed the handle and found that it needed a new seat. The problem is finding a replacement seat as I have to turn off the water supply coming into the house to remove it. I have an American Statndard faucet with one handle that turns for hot and cold. When looking at it staight on it is rectagular shaped and if looked at from the side it is shaped like a T. I am not sure how old it is but I estimate around 10-15 years. Do you have any idea what replacement seat I need?

It sounds like you have a American Standard push pull shower. There is a kit available that gives you all the washers and the seats needed to repair the leak.


Replies to this post
There are none.