Re: Replacing pee trap under foundation
Posted by hj on June 05, 2001 at 23:16:07:
In response to Re: Replacing pee trap under foundation
It is either a no-hub or Fernco type coupling, and if you could pull it out without loosening the clamps it would not be a very good seal.

: I recently broke up the cement foundation in my masterbath around the shower drain to accomodate a new shower. Once I got down past the concert and dug up the dirt around the p-trap I noticed that both ends of the p-trap were connected to either end of the drain with some type of rubber gasket. I could wiggle the drain and p-trap around but couldn't get it to come loose because of this rubber gasket. What is this? How do I get it loose and what type of connections do I replace it with? The house was built in 1970 if that helps out any.

: Thanks

: Fred

Replies to this post