Re: trap requried for a urinal
Posted by David Campbell on June 04, 2001 at 00:53:03:
In response to Re: trap requried for a urinal
Thanks for the advice and the photo. You wouldn't happen to have a diagram of the correct installation of a floor mounted urnal.

: From your answer, I assume that these are floor mounted urinals with the pipe exiting the bottom center of the fixture. If so, then tell them that without the trap, a baby "sewer monster" can enter the building and might grow up and destroy the city.

: : Thanks for the answer. There is nothing under the floor, so what should I tell the plumber to do about it. I didn't mention that this building is in Japan, so I have to try to get the plumber to listen to me. My past experience is that they don't enjoy having laymen questioning their judgement.
: : : If they are floor mounted then the trap has to be under the floor. Wall mount urinals either have the trap built in, or it is visible beneath the urinal.

: : : : Our school building has two urinals, but we have been plauged for years with a bad toilet smell. Recently, we had a plumbing problem and I was under the building, but didn't see anything like a trap for the urinal. Are they built in?

Replies to this post