Re: Bad pump???
Posted by More on May 29, 2001 at 01:04:34:
In response to Re: Bad pump???
Did you look at the pump impeller when you opened it? How is the impeller driven? Is there a keyshaft and key in the keyway that is missing? Is there a setscrew that isn't fully tightened, and the impeller will only push half a load? Do you have a similar pump you can install in place of this one. to see if another pump does the same thing? Whats the cost of a new pump? $ 48 dollars? Whats the cost of your time? Two days on a pipe leak?

: Two days ago I found there was a leak in the pipe coming out of my pump. I have no idea how long the pump was running, but it might not have been too long because we hadn't noticed the pressure being down until a few minutes beforehand. I have spent the past two days trying to fix it. I thought it would be a 5 minute fix because I had all the pieces I needed. Unfortunately, after I fixed the leak I can't get the pump to build the pressure over 25#'s. Previously the pump had been set to kick on at 30# and off at 50#. I have tried every trick in the book - back pressure, bleeding off the air, front pressure, etc.
: Any idea would be appreciated.

Replies to this post