Re: drowning......sigh...flooded basement!!
Posted by deb on May 23, 19100 at 13:28:55:
In response to Re: drowning......sigh...flooded basement!!
: If you do not have a sump pump and the drains go into the basement floor, then the only way you will get it pumped out is to pump the river dry. Without a check valve in the line, and usually even with one, water will keep backflowing to replace what you are pumping out. I would install an "overhead" or sealed sewer system and then use a sump pump, (or ejector if the basement has a toilet) to service the basement area.
: : I purchased a home last October, whoda thunk that it would end up with a flooded basement, due to all the recent rains and I'm certain the river being 3 blocks (or less now with the water level so high) hasn't helped the situation. Not only is it flooded, but it continues to flood. I know NOW that there is no sump pump in the basement and have been renting an industral sump for 3 days...to no avail. The basement and house are about a billion years old, michigan basement, with cement flooring, mostly stone foundation. I know that I need to purchase a sump and get it installed, however no one seems to be able to tell me exactly what type, brand...etc of a pump to get. I feel I need to get a heavy duty sump to keep the level down so that I can at least get the water heater and the furnace checked, and plan to have the pump permanently installed after I get the level down. So what kind of pump do I need? Is there one within a reasonable $$ that can be purchased? Where, locally, can I get it?

you might consider getting 2 sump pumps. i bet you don't need industrial. think about a battery backed up sump, too. if power goes out, it will kick in. sumps are awesome. good luck.

Replies to this post
There are none.