Re: Back Oultlet toilet in a residential high-rise setting
Posted by hj on May 22, 19100 at 08:15:56:
In response to Re: Back Oultlet toilet in a residential high-rise setting
When they say it is for a "commercial use", it is because it is a 3.6 gpf model and manufacturers are not allowed to sell, or plumbers to install, anything but 1.6 gpf toilets in a residential building. But if you hear it and it is very loud, they may have installed a pressure flush toilet. They work good, but are very noisy.

: Dear Terry,

: I have a situation with a low-flush toilet and am wondering if you can help.

: Do you know a quieter type of low-flush toilet for a high rise building? I live in one of those buildings and have been quitely annoyed with the loud noise that the low-flush toilet make from the upstaris. Last fall, new residents moved in upstairs and they installed a new toilet (back outlet type). The noise travels quite a bit because this is a concrete building, and I am losing sleep because of the noise during the night. I feel like I am living in a sewage. I can hear it even when I am eating. It is just disgusting.

: I am doing my own research and called Kohler, American Standards, and TOTO, asking about a back outlet tolet. Kohler and American Standards say that they are making one (Barrington and Yorkville, respectively) and that it is for commercial, not residential. I am puzzled. What does that mean? If they are making a back outlet toilet for a commercial use, is somebody in a residential building allowed to use it? Is there any back outlet type for a residential building?

: Based on the information I receive, I will make a recommendation to the neighbor upstairs. I am willing to pay half of their toilet and installation. I am that desperate.

: I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me on this.

: Thank you in advance for your support.

: Kari Murayama
: Fort Lee, NJ

Replies to this post
There are none.