Re: Secondary vent on kitchen sink drain
Posted by Marty on May 17, 19100 at 19:11:36:
In response to Re: Secondary vent on kitchen sink drain
Hi Mike: This secondary vent you're referring to is what we call a studor or a "cheater vent". They're cheap , quick fixes when a proper plumbing vent is not accessable. There is a rubber diaphragm and spring inside. As a sink drains away, the diaphragm opens allowing air into the system so it will drain away. Try to repipe it so the cheater is as high as possible under the sink, but still making it possible to unscrew and replace in the future. The vent will make a vibrating or deep "BBRRRRRRRR" sound when it's working properly. Marty

Replies to this post
There are none.