Re: gas boiler venting
Posted by hj on May 08, 19100 at 09:44:21:
In response to Re: gas boiler venting
If the unit was designed for the power venting, then eliminating it will create exhaust problems, unless the mfgr. has provided for that possibility in the design of the boiler. If it is possible, then use double wall vent pipe to maintain the flue temperature and ensure proper draft.

: I have a vaillant gas fired boiler 80,000btu/68,000btu
: The system was installed by the previous owner. The house is a newer raised ranch with no chimeney the system is vented through the back of the house and has a inline power vent fan.This summer i plan to set up a 4th zone i would like to eliminate the power fan if i could the boiler vent is 16 inches from the outside wall and the current point of exit is 4 feet above the top of the boiler the pipe is 5 inches in diameter.based on these measurements would it be possible to install a new pipe that would run from the point where it exits to the top of the roofline and achieve enough updraft?The boiler and hotwater heater are in the garage in a room that was built when the units were installed.Also i currently have 3 zones and as i mentioned earlier i would like to add a 4th.Do you know of anyone who sells a 24volt xsfmer larger than 40va like one big enough for 4 zones 60va???
: Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Replies to this post
There are none.