Re: Opinions Please: Dark or Black Bathroom Fixtures, Pro and Con?
Posted by Dana Miller on April 12, 19100 at 13:54:12:
In response to Re: Opinions Please: Dark or Black Bathroom Fixtures, Pro and Con?
I have a black toilet and black ceramic tile shower (with black grout). I definitely have to dust off the toilet frequently, but as far as cleaning the inside, I don't think it's any harder to keep clean than other toilets. As far as the shower goes, the black tile is ok, but I think the black grout is great because it will never look mildewed like light grout does! One thing to think about here is the "permanence" of these fixtures. (i.e., re-selling your home or if you decide you want a change in the colors in your bathroom). Many buyers may not like black fixtures. When I bought my house it had the black shower and toilet and RED sinks and tub (which I replaced with white; and knowing I would do so, I offered a lower price on the house so I could afford to replace them). You might consider just using a basic color (white or beige) and use black for all your accents. That way, if you want a change in the future, all you have to do is change your accessories. It also would serve to NOT discourage a potentional buyer in the future should you decide to sell your home.

Replies to this post