Re: chip in bathroom sink -- repair?
Posted by hj on April 11, 19100 at 23:39:36:
In response to Re: chip in bathroom sink -- repair?
If this is a enameled steel sink, like you description would indicate, then that is not a chip. It is a rust hole and the entire overflow channel is about to disintegrate. If this diagnosis is correct, do not waste money on a temporary repair. Replace the sink with a self rimming china, cast iron, or plastic one. Not another enameled steel one.

: The sink in my bathroom that has a chip about the size of a quarter, and a depth of about 1/4 inch. It is on the underside where the water drain pipe comes down. Is it possible to "fill in" this area so that it will be leak proof. I would rather not replace the whole sink if I don't have to.

Replies to this post
There are none.