Re: DEVASTATED!!! Flooded bathroom and fatally allergic to mold!
Posted by Bill on April 10, 19100 at 12:25:08:
In response to Re: DEVASTATED!!! Flooded bathroom and fatally allergic to mold!
Terry:
It sounds to me like the problem is FAR worse than just a wet mopping of the bathroom floor.
And anyway, the problem is not really mold spores or any other allergy.
It sounds to me (walls wet up to 1 foot high, water in the duct work) like the potential for
severe structural damage is there. You can bet that the building materials inside the home
are NOT water/weather proof. Ductwork is galvanized, yes but with that much water is is
sure to rust.

Now, I agree that some people will spill a cup of water and run around calling it a FLOOD.
But let's assume that Ed is right in his description.

If so, his homeowners insurance should take care of the necessary repairs and, if they
want to go try to recover their costs from the plumbers, let 'em!

Just my 2 cents....

Bill



Replies to this post