Re: DEVASTATED!!! Flooded bathroom and fatally allergic to mold!
Posted by Terry Love on April 09, 19100 at 00:00:31:
In response to Re: DEVASTATED!!! Flooded bathroom and fatally allergic to mold!
You have not said whether the home is now giving you problems with allergies. Experience tells me that mold is a spore. With a new home, I wouldn't expect to find mold spores. Many a new home is constructed during the rainy season. I live in the Seattle area, so I know a bit about this. Water itself is not the problem. I would get the home dried out, and wait a bit before I worried. If everything in the home is new, there should be no lasting problem. Terry

: I recently bought a brand new manufactured home, and before I even spent my first night there, two individuals from the plumbing company (I don't know if the individuals were even plumbers themselves) flooded out my bathroom. Apparently, one turned on the water in the sink to clear the lines from air, and he didn't realize the plug was in the sink until the entire bathroom was flooded! Water was everywhere under the house! And The bathroom walls were wet about a foot high! And the plumbers weren't even goin gto tell me, until I asked why there was water all under my house, and why it had been dripping for about 10 or 15 minutes. And the insulation under the home has been dripping wet for a week now (the home has an underbelly, which prevents the insulation from drying). And, even worse, my air conditioning vents are on the floor, and apparently they got filled with water! I have been using my shop vac for a week to suck out literally cups and cups of water everyday from the vents. I am not sure what I should do. The only reason I bought a new home (it's my first new home) was because I am fatally allergic to four different types of mold, and I just cuoldn't chance buying a used home. Personally, I would like my home replaced, but legally, I don't think this is possible. I don't even know what to ask at this point, I am just devastated. Help!