Closet flange removal???
Posted by Adam on March 31, 19100 at 15:59:31:
I've got to replace an old closet flange. The problem is the old flange was just a 4" lead (or other soft metal) tube with a brass flange ring set on top and then the lead(?) was flared out around the ring. This lead tube is soldered into the cast drain. Down inside the tube is a 3" long metal sleeve which spans the lower joint of this sleeve. I was going to cut the lead tube off flush with the cast drain (at the solder joint) and buy one of those PVC flanges that expand, but I've only seen them in 4" and with that sleeve inside the tube it brings me to approx. 3 1/2" inside diameter.
Is there an easy way to remove this stuff? Is there an easier way to avoid removing this stuff? Have I confused you?


Replies to this post