Re: Hot water heat system - monoflow t's
Posted by G.A. Gabbard Plumbing on March 29, 19100 at 14:53:14:
In response to Re: Hot water heat system - monoflow t's
: I'm unsure if you need a monoflow t on both the supply and return side of a radiator or just on the supply. If anyone could clear that up for me, I'd appreciate it. Dan

Monoflow or venturi tees are usually installed on the return branch off your "one pipe" supply main ,with a normal reducing tee on the other. For radiation with a high pressure drop or radiation that is located bellow the main (or boiler) two tees may be needed. Besure to have them alligned properly.

Also if you remove any radiaton from a one pipe system it always wise to connect a bybass pipe between the two tees to keep the pressure drop balanced.

Good Luck

Replies to this post
There are none.