Re: Washer drain
Posted by hj on March 24, 19100 at 23:46:22:
In response to Re: Washer drain
Typical experience (from this morning):

Customer:
How much will it cost to fix my faucet.
Me:
It could be $70 or it could be $140 or whatever the labor costs depending on the time it takes.
Plus parts.
Customer:
Ok.
Me:
Go to job. Screw is frozen in handle and has to be drilled out, (so need a new PHOENIX brand handle). Fix faucet and hot water is low pressure. Take faucet apart. Previous repairer inserted two o rings over the long seat, plugging the water outlet. Replace the seat, but appears to have a bad thread. Only one site in town, on the other side of town, has Phoenix parts. Get parts and install them. Present bill and customer says, "you said labor would be $70", forgetting or never hearing the rest of the quote.

: : I have a REALLY old house. My washer was working fine until recently. My sink started filling up when the washer drained. So, I called a drain man and he cleaned out the drain and this stoped. Well, there was duct tape around the drain for the washer since I bought the house (Washer and drier came with the house). Well, drain fiixed I guess I can remove the duct tape right? ... No! I removed it, ran the washer and water overflows out the drain pipe when the washer drains. I did some research and I guess my pipes are too small. the diameter of the pipe is 1 1/2 in. What do I do now? Do I just tape it back up or call a plumber? How much is this going to cost?

: Shane, How much is this going to cost? Ah yes the most asked question a plumber gets over the phone. Well not to get smart...But when a customer asks me that question I come back with ..Do you know what color my socks are that i am wearing? and of course the answer is No... Well why don't you know what color socks i am wearing? I ask. and the customer says well i can't see them. Well, I can't see your plumbing over the phone either yet most consumers insist that we tell them over the phone what something will cost..O just a ball park price..I won't hold you to it. Yea right.... So who ever reads this i ask or beg you on behalf of most plumbers in business DON'T ASK FOR A PRICE OVER THE PHONE OR OVER THE INTERNET. We can't be accurate, It isn't fair to you , to your plumber or to us. Dale's Plumbing Service Inc LMP

: Terry. You can delete this if I'm out of line. Dale

Replies to this post