Re: New Water Heater - Now have HOT water coming out of both cold and hot water taps
Posted by Valerie on July 31, 1998 at 03:47:39:
In response to Re: New Water Heater - Now have HOT water coming out of both cold and hot water taps
:
Yes! Everybody is having the problem. Even the toilet tanks have hot water.
They now say the water temperature was set too high and turned it down. But it is
still happening just not as severly. Now, the cold water starts cool heats up, stays
hot for a while 3- 4 minutes and then slowly cools down again.
Would leaving the bypass valve open do this? It's a three story building with 36 units.
I took a shower this morning with the hot water off entirely! It's as funny as it is
pathetic.

They probably left a bypass valve open somewhere that is letting hot water come back through a cold water line. I can't imagine this would affect the whole building though--are all the units having this same problem?

: : Terry:

: : GREAT SITE!!!! Now a question...The apartment complex I moved into just put in a new water heater
: : yesterday.

: : Now we get hot water from BOTH the cold and hot water faucets. They've trying to fix it all day.
: : It cooled off for a little while but now its hot from both. Originally they thought they had forgotten
: : to turn the cold water on. Now they don't seem to know what's going on. Could they have reversed the
: : cold and hot water hook ups? Management seems to be clueless. I vaguely recall something about
: : in an This Old House episode.

: : Thanks

: : Trying to NOT get scalded Valerie