Re: the glamour of a septic field
Posted by Terry Love on March 11, 19100 at 17:04:24:
In response to Re: the glamour of a septic field
Help.....my water comes from a spring, is pumped to my house through a purification/treatment center then pumped throughout the house and to a cottage.There is near to no pressure at the cottage and a separate filter at the cottage is full o gunk that should have been filtered out by the main house system, also my pump is turning on way too many times, no obvious leaks, no problems at the main house...any ideas?

Sounds like an underground break to me, or maybe old pipes that are super corroded, but how do I pinpoint the problem without digging up the whole yard? Is there something I am not thinking of?

: Tractor runs over old septic line, breaks clay pipe, I dig up area broken, replace with plastic, but notice that there is a continual stream of clean water running fron the exposed end of the broken pipe, even when all water supply is shut off to the cottage(which this particular septic system solely serves).Bizarre...

June,
This does sound bizarre. Some of these old systems that connect two homes together can be hard to trace. Listening with your ear, or with a listening device can help to spot a leak. Isolating the house and the cottage would be a start. Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.