Re: Moen removal tools Four?
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service Inc LMP on March 07, 19100 at 19:34:39:
In response to Re: Moen removal tools Four?
: Yours is probably the common one that attaches to the stem. After that pulls the stem out, which usually happens, I try a Ridgid 1/2" nipple extractor with the three expanding bars to grip the inside of the body. If that fails, I tap the interior with a 1/2" bolt thread and use a long bolt with 3/4" washers which will press against the body and also let the core pass through itas the nut is tightened. If all these fail, or if the core is broken in the middle as happened one time, I use the one with a T-handle and apin at the bottom that hooks into the water port and becomes part of the core until you get the stem out and can depress the pin to remove it. This is a last resort, since if the stem does not come out there is no way to extract the remover without sawing the faucet body apart.

: The Ridgid extractor works most of the time as a second step.
: : Hj, Can you link me up to see these 4 moen removal tools? I only have one and would be interested to get the other 3.Dale's Plumbing Service Inc LMP

I Have used a 1/2" die and tapped the part that stays in there and then use a 1/2" nipple on a tee and screw into the tap and use a hammer to tap on the tee to pull it out. Thank you for your information. Very edcuational. Dale's Plumbing Service Inc LMP

Replies to this post
There are none.