Re: Household water supply pipe routing
Posted by hj on March 06, 19100 at 07:31:16:
In response to Re: Household water supply pipe routing
Is your house older than 12 years? If not then you should be contacting the claims group and let them repipe it. Part of the problem with installing plastic piping using copper pipe type routing, which is what you have, is that the approved plastics have the same outside diameter as copper, but because of the thicker walls, the internal opening is much smaller. This results in pressure imbalances and temperature changes when the various faucets are used. I would prefer repiping with copper, but in its stead, CPVC is acceptable. Either do it the way you propose or oversize the piping to compensate for the reduced capacity of the plastic.

: I have the polybutelene piping(gray color)in my house. I am thinking about replacing the entire system with CPVC. I looked at the current routing of the water supply lines and they are hooked up as follows:
: The main supply line is 3/4", from there for example, it routes off the different sections of the house. The pipe that routes off toward the master bath for example, then has several other T's in it that supply the different faucets in the master bath. When someone turns on a faucet in another part of the house, the pressure drops in the master bath due to the other faucet opening. Now the question; if I was to redo the entire household water supply pipes, would it be advantageous in terms of maintaining better pressure to install a number of T's early in the water system and route a water pipe to each faucet. Example: 1 pipe to the cold water supply for the master bath shower, another to the master bath sink, etc.

: Hopefully this made sense. Thanks for any assistance

Replies to this post
There are none.