Re: Sewer line in front yard
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service Inc LMP on February 21, 19100 at 04:00:44:
In response to Re: Sewer line in front yard
: During the last week the snow has been melting in the front yard where the water line into the house goes. I dug up the area today and to my surprise I hit a concrete slab to seal what I think is a septic tank. I bailed out about 10 gallons of water in order to lift the lid and I found toilet paper floating. I did some checking to make sure it was the waste line by flushing the toilet and low and behold it spouts about 2-3 inches in the air when the tolet is flushed. The problem I have is I am suppose to be hooked up to the city sewer. Is this typical for a sewer design ? Or is this a clean out? What should be my first avenue to follow for fixing the problem.?

Greg, I have seen private systems go into septic tanks then into a pump and pumped into the sewer system.This way there is less maintance for the sewer dept. I'm really not sure what you have. A septic tank is around 10'long x 5'wide x5'deep.Apperently you are not the original owners? Check with your city sewer dept. Are you paying for city sewer fees? Dale's Plumbing Service Inc LMP

Replies to this post
There are none.