Re: External Cleanout Installation
Posted by hj on February 20, 19100 at 00:54:17:
In response to Re: External Cleanout Installation
36 years ago, the cleanout was often a plugged tee on the sewer line where it exited the building. When they dig it up, they may find it, but it is usually the wrong size to do anything other than cut it out and put in a usable one. You may have an unusual situation, but $2,200 is often more than enough to install a whole new sewer from the house to the property line.

: I just moved in to a 36 year old home. Recently, my line became backed up. I had a national plumbing service come out. After trying for 30 minutes, the service tech could not get the cable out of the immediate area. It kept running into a drain for my washing machine, so we assumed there's a bad angle somewhere. The line is full of water and their camera showed nothing. The recommendation was to install an external cleanout. It's estimated the sewer line is about six feet under the ground. Is $2,200 reasonable for this installation? I have a crew starting at one p.m. today (Friday Feb 18th). Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies to this post
There are none.