Re: Water being siphoned from shower drain...HELP!
Posted by Curtis Newton on February 19, 19100 at 11:35:47:
In response to Re: Water being siphoned from shower drain...HELP!
: First: The "master plumber" you had come out was incompetent, regardless of how many licenceses or titles he had. siphoning like you describe is caused by inadequate venting period.

: You didn't mention if this was a new house? If this shower and bath functioned ok in the past, and there has been no remodeling or plumbing work done, then the problem is due to plugged vents. It doesn't have to be completely plugged to cause a problem.

>>>>

Thanks for the input......so far, we have had two plumbers come out and each one of them has tried to replace the Trap and each say the vent is fine.

Just FYI, the house was built in 1969 and did not start this until my brother-in-law clogged the toilet one day. I bought a toilet auger and got the toilet running again, but ever since we have had the problem. So, there was no remodeling or anything like that, just a clogged toilet that "apparently" has caused the drain in the shower to smell. The funny thing is, the drain works great.

I will call another plumber and have him come out. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why I can't get someone to fix this thing!!!

The first time I called Roto-Rooter and the next time I called a company that has been in business since 1947. The plumber that came out has been plumbing for 30 years, so I figured we would get it fixed and fixed right.......not so.

If anyone knows of a good plumber in the Denver, CO area that will take care of this, please, please let me know. I am willing to pay to get it fixed but don't want someone experimenting until they figure it out.

Thanks for any help....Curt

Replies to this post
There are none.