Maybe Replace It All
Posted by Poly Doctor on February 17, 19100 at 08:49:51:
In response to Maybe Replace It All
RESPONSE: hj is right. You might find it more cost effective to replace all the pipe in your home with copper, CPVC or PEX. Below is a link to a copper info site that explains some of the issues. If you are going to piece meal it, you may spend about the same dollars. Might as well install new pipe throughout.

RESPONSE: hj is right. You might find it more cost effective to replace all the pipe in your home with copper, CPVC or PEX. Below is a link to a copper info site that explains some of the issues. If you are going to piece meal it, you may spend about the same dollars. Might as well install new pipe throughout.

If you need a referral for a repipe contractor in your area e-mail us at poly_doctor@hotmail.com. Whatever you do, don't let anyone talk you into using any old polybutylene pipe that might be laying around.

Copper Info - http://www.plumbingworld.com/cuinfo.html

If you need a referral for a repipe contractor in your area e-mail us at poly_doctor@hotmail.com. Whatever you do, don't let anyone talk you into using any old polybutylene pipe that might be laying around.

If you want to read about the process of replacing pipes, go to the link below and read the pertinent sections. When done by experts it is a smooth job.

Copper Info - http://www.plumbingworld.com/cuinfo.html

: If you will be using galvanized pipe, you can take a chance on leaving the risers. But, if you are going to repipe in copper, then electrolysis will cause the galvanized pipe to deteriorate, and dielectric unions will only slow the process.

: : My house was built in 1983 and inferior imported galvanized pipe was used. I have had to replace some sections because of rust and am told that all the horizontal pipes need to be replaced. Also the down drops normally don't leak so I am told they do not need replacing. My question is shouldn,t I replace the down drops also and what kind of pipe should be used (copper galvanized or pcv)? Also this is a two story house with the pipe in the attic except for the down drops, so how much should I expect to pay

Replies to this post
There are none.