Re: gas piping replacement
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service LMP on February 06, 19100 at 03:27:43:
In response to Re: gas piping replacement
: I am planning to replace the gas piping which is now galvanized because of it's age. The piping will be buried from the meter to the house and will lay on the ground under the house. What type of pipe should I use? I live in East Texas and do not have to follow any code.

Scott, there is a plastic pipe made for gas piping useing compression fittings with steel risers.Bury it a mim of 18" in the ground. Do not lay any bare pipe on the ground under the house. Keep it 6" off the ground. Make sure your riser comes up out of the ground outside the house then drill the wall and bring it in the crawl. Test your work With 10lbs air for 30 min. Dale's Plumbing Service LMP

Replies to this post