Re: On what type of subfloor should a bathtub be seated?
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service LMP on February 02, 19100 at 20:01:28:
In response to Re: On what type of subfloor should a bathtub be seated?
: I have a 1952 ranch, and I'm in the process of remodeling the bathroom. The house has 1x6 planks
: as a subfloor throughout the house. There is about a half-inch gap between these planks (this is relevent
: to my question).

: I have chiseled the old tile and cement out of the bathroom, which was sitting on the plank subfloor. I
: now notice that the bathtub is seated on the plank subfloor. I plan to replace the tub, and wonder
: whether it's better to mount the tub on the 1x6s, or on the 3/4" plywood I plan to place over it in the rest
: of the bathroom (or on the 1/2" cement board I plan to put over the plywood). I see a couple of advantages
: in leaving it the way it is now; the first is that the tub will sit up to 1 1/2" lower, allowing easier entry/egress,
: and with the gaps in the planking, it allows ventilation under the tub. Does it matter?

I put 1/2 treated plywood under the tub then tar paper. then i set the tub and put the wonder board down.(1/2") If you have hot water heat now is the time to put a 4' element behind the tub. Just a thought. Dale's Plumbing Service LMP

Replies to this post
There are none.